Here are the questions from Q & A night, Wednesday March 26, 2014.
[highlight]Q: In school, we have discussions about global warming, the cause and effects. It is wrong to believe in global warming?[/highlight]
A: Is it wrong to note that the earth’s temperatures are changing? No. However, we shouldn’t believe the idea that the earth’s resources are being depleted (including the depletion of the ozone layer) because of human inventions or actions. God sustains the entire universe, and the earth will stand as long as He wills for it to stand.
Here are some helpful articles on this subject:
- “Christians Believe In Global Warming” by Dave Miller, Ph.D. (Apologetics Press)
- “Global Warming, Earth’s History, and Jesus’ Return” by Eric Lyons, M.Min. (Apologetics Press)
[highlight]Q: Is it wrong to not want to get married or to not want to have children?[/highlight]
A: No, it is not a sin to remain unmarried and to have no children. Read 1 Corinthians 7:1.
However, several things should be considered:
- Marriage is awesome! When two people are committed to God first and then committed to each other, then their marriage will be what God intends for it to be. It will be happy and beautiful. Sadly, few people see marriage as God intends is to be because of sin. In Genesis 2, God said, “It is not good for man to be alone.” In Hebrews 13:4, the Bible says, “Marriage is honorable among all.”
If you are interested in getting married and having a family one day, don’t give up too soon! On the flip side of that, don’t settle, either! Ask God to help you find the right person, someone who loves God, who obeys God, and who will be dedicated to helping you and your family go to heaven.
- Sexual intimacy is only Scripturally acceptable within the marriage bond (Hebrews 13:4). Sex outside of marriage is sin. Look at 1 Corinthians 7:1-2: “Now concerning the things of which you wrote to me: It is good for a man not to touch a woman. Nevertheless, because of sexual immorality, let each man have his own wife, and let each woman have her own husband“ (emphasis added, RH).
- Children are a blessing. Again, many people choose to go against God’s pattern for the home and for parenting, so they do not enjoy the joy that God intends for parenting. Psalm 127:3 says that “children are a heritage from the LORD, The fruit of the womb is a reward.” Further, the Psalmist states: ” Like arrows in the hand of a warrior, So are the children of one’s youth. Happy is the man who has his quiver full of them; They shall not be ashamed, But shall speak with their enemies in the gate” (Psa. 127:4-5).
[button color=”orange” size=”big” link=”http://roberthatfield.net/contact/” ]Submit a Question[/button]