Note: Family CROSSroads is a Wednesday evening study for the fall quarter at North Charleston. Below are slides and helpful resources pertinent to our class discussions.
[highlight]Lesson #02: BRIEFING – The Target: Young People & Families (September 10, 2014)[/highlight]
SUMMARY: The term “teenager” wasn’t coined until the late 1930s to early 1940s. Not long thereafter, the culture began to see that it had been neglecting a prime market for too long. Today, teenagers there are two forces that could potentially shape the lives of teenagers: the home and culture. This lesson focuses on three areas:
- The origin of the teenagers
- Living in a Millennial world
- “As for me and my house…”
It’s time for us to recognize that our families and our young people are in Satan’s crosshairs. It’s time to reclaim our families.
- REPORT: “Millennials in Adulthood” (Pew Research Center Report)
- VIDEO / ARTICLE: “Five Facts About the Modern American Family” (Pew Research Center)
- BOOK: Game Plan: Develop a Spiritually Winning Strategy for Adults and Teens in Today’s Culture by Joe Wells
North Charleston members: This is our book of the month for September. You can sign up to order your copy in the foyer.
- BLOG / PODCAST: A Legacy of Faith
[button color=”orange” size=”medium” link=”http://roberthatfield.net/family” ]Family CROSSroads Series Page[/button]