Note: Family CROSSroads is a Wednesday evening study for the fall quarter at North Charleston. Below are slides and helpful resources pertinent to our class discussions.
[highlight]Lesson #12: WE CAN DO BETTER – A Higher Standard, Part 2: The Church (November 19, 2014)[/highlight]
SUMMARY: The temptation to accept the “status quo” exists in every facet of life. From the sales clerk to the elder in the church, Satan seeks to tempt everyone to give in to mediocrity, thus lowering the standard to which God has called us (cf. 1 Pet. 2:9). This lesson calls the church – the ekklesia, the assembled, the called out by Jesus from the world – to a rise to the higher standard that God has set for us. We must not yield to the temptation to accept our culture’s standards for religion as our own.
This outline will be used:
- Mediocrity – Lowering the Bar
- Profile of the Mediocre
- Perils of Mediocrity
- Solutions – Hitting the Mark
- We are the church.
- Three Dynamics of Christian Excellence
- “Re-Understanding” the Church
- BLOG: The Church is Not a Country Club
- REMINDER: Audio from each session of Family CROSSroads is available on this website. Click the orange button below to be taken to the index for all of the previously completed lessons. Then, click on the lesson that you would like to hear. Slides are provided so that you can listen and simultaneously follow along with the slides.
[button color=”orange” size=”medium” link=”http://roberthatfield.net/family” ]Family CROSSroads Series Page[/button]