Note: Family CROSSroads is a Wednesday evening study for the fall quarter at North Charleston. Below are slides and helpful resources pertinent to our class discussions.
[highlight]Lesson #11: WE CAN DO BETTER – A Higher Standard, Part 1: The Family (November 12, 2014)[/highlight]
SUMMARY: Our culture has set the bar too low. Society accepts a standard that the Scripture deems as apathetic and mediocre. As Christians, we are going to have to unlearn everything our culture has taught us and focus solely on the Bible. After all, God’s Word is intended to be a manual for living (James 1:21-22; 2 Tim. 3:16-17; Hebrews 4:12).
This lesson focuses on the higher standards that God has set for our families. Will we counter culture to reach for this higher standard? Will we do things God’s way or will we be satisfied with the easy targets our culture has provided? This is the cross road – the decision – with which our families are now faced. This lesson is designed to discuss this decision by addressing three areas:
- The Low Expectations of Our Society
- An Identification of God’s Standard
- A Demonstration of God’s Standard in Our Families
- WEBSITE: A Legacy of Faith (blog, podcast, and other great resources all centered on the family)
- WEBSITE: Kaio Publications (great resources for your family)
- PODCAST: Biblical Manliness with Chris Clevenger
- PODCAST: The New You with Robert Hatfield
- PODCAST: Wifey Wednesdays with Emily Hatfield (for women)
- In the lesson, an illustration was made from the Sentinels of the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier. Below are resources used for the facts presented in the illustration:
[button color=”orange” size=”medium” link=”http://roberthatfield.net/family” ]Family CROSSroads Series Page[/button]