Note: Family CROSSroads is a Wednesday evening study for the fall quarter at North Charleston. Below are slides and helpful resources pertinent to our class discussions.
[highlight]Lesson #1: BRIEFING – The Attack on Truth (September 3, 2014)[/highlight]
SUMMARY: Our culture is void of truth. A mindset of relativity permeates our existence and challenges the Christian belief in the Bible as the absolute, inerrant, and inspired Word of God. This lesson seeks to answer four questions:
- How did we get to this point?
- Where is this logic coming from?
- How do you know that God exists?
- How do you know that the Bible is from God?
Pilate asked Jesus, “What is truth?” (John 18:38). But Jesus had already answered that question during His ministry: “[God’s] word is truth” (John 17:17).
- LINK: ApologeticsPress.org
- Free PDF: How Do You Know the Bible is from God? by Kyle Butt (Apologetics Press)
- HARDBACK BOOK: How Do You Know the Bible is from God? by Kyle Butt (Apologetics Press) – $7.95
- DIGITAL eBOOK: How Do You Know the Bible is from God? by Kyle Butt (Apologetics Press) – $3.95
- DVD: Is the Bible from God? by Kyle Butt and Eric Lyons (Apologetics Press) – $12.00
- LINK: The Religiosity of American College and University Professors
- PODCAST: The Hey Joe Show episode 14 – “INTERVIEW WITH BELMONT UNIVERSITY PROTEST ORGANIZER OVER THE FIRING OF LISA HOWE, THE HOMOSEXUAL WOMEN’S SOCCER COACH”
[button color=”orange” size=”medium” link=”http://roberthatfield.net/family” ]Family CROSSroads Series Page[/button]