Note: Family CROSSroads is a Wednesday evening study for the fall quarter at North Charleston. Below are slides and helpful resources pertinent to our class discussions.
[highlight]Lesson #08: SATAN’S TOOLBOX – “Media: The Internet” (October 22, 2014)[/highlight]
SUMMARY: Media is morally neutral, neither good nor bad. The Internet provides untold numbers of opportunities for good, but equally – if not more – possibilities for evil. This lesson focuses on two areas that God’s people need to understand about the internet: the issue of how we use social media, and the issue of pornography. Therefore, this lesson follows a three-point roadmap:
- The Focus for Christians (Col. 3:1-2)
- Facebook Use Done Right
- The Filth of Pornography
There are several invaluable resources below, especially regarding finding help for online addiction. Be sure to check out the resources.
- Covenant Eyes – Accountability software and internet filtering
- Internet Safety – SafeEyes internet filtering software
- K9 Web Protection – Free internet filter and parental control software
- The Truth About Pornography – Video presented by Don Blackwell, produced by WVBS
- BLOG: Facebook Etiquette for Christians by Steve Higginbotham
- INFOGRAPHIC: Facebook Psychology
- Overcome Online – Articles and a podcast to help Christian men overcome pornography
- Podcasts from The Light Network about pornography.
- BLOG: Countering the Porn Problem by Robert Hatfield
- “Think Before You Act” Wallpapers:
[button color=”orange” size=”medium” link=”http://roberthatfield.net/family” ]Family CROSSroads Series Page[/button]